Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am Brandnew to this and motorcycles. Just bought a 500 on saturday.....March 27th, My dad has always been a rider...Harley.....but he liked the 500 for me.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome matt -glad to have you aboard :wink:

500 is a great bike 8)

ride safe!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not yet taken the MSF. I went to the DPS and took my written test for the permit. My dad gave me the basics for neighborhood riding, but the dealer gave me a thing about that course in my area that im gonna check out.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

take it - you'll learn some things the hard way if you don't :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha, will do, looking forward to learning the "easy" way!!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
For Gods sake, put on protective clothing!!! at least put on long pants

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, sorry, didnt mean to offend you. And I will get my dad to do it haha.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get to go home this weekend, I'll be gettin some riding done, hopefully the wx will cooperate.
:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome...I think your going to love the 500 LTD. Great all-around bike. I also reccommend long pants and I've got the burn scar on the back of my calf to remind me. It's a lot easier to get a bare leg against the exhaust than you might think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, my mom has two on her calf from riding on the back of a dyna wide glide.,,,,,,,This weekend my dad is renting a springersofttail, we got him a rent a harley thing from the local dealer for his b-day. So we will go riding together, should be fun. :D and im gonna get to hear all the wonderful noise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think Spok was just trying to help you protect your hyde.
You're gonna absolutely love your 500 Ltd. I just got mine in January.
That motorcycle safety course was a real 'eye-opener'. I learned things there I'd just as soon learn in the classroom than in ICU.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all. I have been away from Street riding for about 18 years, and recently decided on a new Vulcan 500 to get back to it. I formerly owned a 1983 GPZ-1100 and then sold it and got an '84 Yamaha Seca 550 (Much cheaper insurance for a 19 year old). I more recently have ridden off-road on KX-250's and 125's and a Bayou 300. I will purchase the Vulcan as soon as my permit arrives in the mail. I had my original license in Texas, and it did not transfer when I moved to PA, so I have to do the whole thing over again. I have also enrolled in the MSF and think it is a great idea, since times have changed with all of the cell phones out there and people watching DVD's in their vehicles...

Anyway, I've read a whole lot of good reviews on the Vulcan 500, and went and looked at it, priced used ones and finally decided on a new one. I am glad to hear that people are very satisfied with this machine. I am desparately awaiting my permit so I can go pick it up! :D

-Scott

·
37,387 Posts
thats right, all I was doing was trying to save that precious skin....no worries.

·
37,387 Posts
thats right, all I was doing was trying to save that precious skin....no worries.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha, well thank you for looking out for the skin!!, I wear pants now haha. and cant wait for that MSF course to come around I'm taking it on the 24th and 25th. I love the 500 thus far has 400 miles on it so i can only go 48mph, till i get 500miles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good signature Matt, about not riding faster than you're willing to fall.

So far I've gone down twice at no speed at all! And that was too fast for falling! :) Oh my! I forgot to put the kickstand down & swung my leg over. I was gone before I realized what'd happened. I landed in the dog dish with the bike on top of me. NOW THAT'S GRACEFUL!!! Those dog dishes are strong buggers! Left a bruise like I'd been hit by a home-run ball!

I'm still going thru the break-in with my 500 too. Finally made it over 500 miles so I can give her some more gas. Sure is a spunky bike!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts