Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vulcan 500

I will be picking my 500 LTD up next thursday. I rode off-road as a kid, took the MSF course in 1997 and am taking it again next month. Got my wife to take it with me. Most worth while weekend I ever spent, even if I never rode! Looking forward to the new bike and wathcing my wife learn to ride!

There are 2 kinds of riders....those who were protecive gear and those who have never fallen. I have fallen. Ride safely!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Vulcan 500

slowhand said:
I will be picking my 500 LTD up next thursday.
You will definitely LOVE the bike! I am really enjoying mine, and can't wait for the rain to quit today so I can take it for a ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just finished the MSF course this weekend in the rain!!! :D It was worth it and now I have an M on my license. By the way does any body know the 0-60 time on the vulcan 500?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Matt789er said:
I just finished the MSF course this weekend...
Did you enjoy the couse? I have mine scheduled in June. Getting in the course here in PA is hard to do. The phone lines opened at 8:00am, I got through (after dialing over and over non stop) at 8:47am, and there was only 1 slot left at the location I was signing up for. The course if free here (they charge $5/year on everyone's license no matter if they take the course or not, so it's actually not free...) so I guess that's why it fills up so quickly. :)

I am looking forward to taking the course. The salesman who sold me my bike is an MSF instructor, and said it is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, Loads of fun and you learn stuff :D . It rained almost the whole time during mine, but thats good because I never really planned on riding in the rain, this way I have rain experiece.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Saddlebags

Hello. I'm looking to buy a Vulcan 500 in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if anybody had saddlebags and if so who made them and what model are they?

FatCat

21 - 28 of 28 Posts