Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About the bike:
I just picked up my new Vulcan 500 this morning, and rode it 100 miles today... mostly on the back roads out in the countryside. The weather was absolutely great and a perfect day for starting in on my break-in miles.

About Me:
I live in western Pennsylvania and have been riding dirt bikes for about 24 years. I owned 2 street bikes in the past (a Kawasaki GPZ-1100, and a Yamaha Seca 550) and rode for about 5 years total on the street. The last time I did this was back in 1985, so I have been away from that for awhile. I have still been riding quads, snowmobiles, and an ocasional dirt bike, so this is my first time back on the street in almost 20 years... I must say that I sure have missed it and am glad to be back. I am enrolled for the MSF course (begins in early June), and looking forward to it. I think it is great how much everyone is promoting the safety course. It was not even a thought back when I was riding on the street before.

Well, I think I'll leave it at that... The weather this weekend is supposed to be great and I have some riding to do... :)

Scott

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome scott!

sounds like you ready to ride,great bike to scoot around on :wink:

ride safe :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome,,,,,How do you like it.......I got mine on March 27th and it just rolled 500 miles so i cant wait to take er up to speed,,,,,i have the MSF course this weekend, so i think ill wait till after that!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome Scott...Congrats on the new bike. You're going to love it. I was in western PA last fall (in a cage) and wishing I had my bike. Looks like some great roads to explore in that area and you've now got a super fun machine to do it on. Enjoy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all... Matt, I love the bike, and have put 350 miles on it so far. I am looking forward to the 500 mile mark. I will bring it in for the maintenance at that point and start working on the next 500 miles.

The bike runs great and I can tell it has plenty of power. Even with the rpm restrictions for break-in it still climbs the hills around here with power to spare. This area does offer a great variety of roads to ride on. I have been staying on the back roads (45 mph or less) during my break-in. They offer plenty of twisties, and hills to make for a fun ride.

If any of you do get in the area (on your bikes), give me a yell, and we'll go ride. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts