Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last weekend I was out in the garage cleaning up the Mean Streak, and I was appalled on how dirty the break calipers looked. The problem being I’d never heard of any one cleaning the calipers them self’s. I checked the forms past posts and found a ton of cleaning posts/topics on everything from gas tank cleaning, air filter cleaning to cleaning out your pipes. Far be it I think you can take a pill for the last one :biggrin:

Question being does anyone clean their motorcycles break calipers other then when there doing work on the breaks themselves. And if so what do you use to clean them? Personally I was thinking of just using break cleaner myself , but then though better of it being that the calipers are painted on the MS.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Spray the rag not the bike, just like when you're cleaning your inner butterflies (and you are aren't you) you spray the toothbrush and not the bike, I put it in a bucket and spray if I'm in the garage.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Possibly a better way would be spray brake cleaner onto a rag and wipe the rotor . . .
Yep, can be done that way also. Brake cleaner is designed to be sprayed and evaporate. I put the rag behind the rotor to avoid overspraying other areas, then spray to ensure I reach all crevices. Using just the rag may not reach in all spots and will require the wheel to be turned while wiping as well. Either way will work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.