Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly do they do to these things at the break in service besides change the oil (I can certainly do this myself). My dealer wants over $200 and I can't imagine why.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
If you read your owners manual, there is a maintenance schedule. They check cables, breaks, bolt tightness....stuff like that as well as the oil change and final drive oil change. That book has lots of good info.... :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm...I can change the engine oil and the final drive oil...Don't ya think! $200 to check bolt tightness seems a bit steep.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
all comes down to what your comfortable with. I paid for my first checkup. Wanted them to go over and give it a good once over. Mine was just out of the crate when I bought it so the staff never had an opportunity. I plan on doing my own maintenace form now on. I paid almost 175 I think. It is a bit high for an oil change but good insurance incase something isn't right.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
They claim to do a lot of things, in my case above & beyond what the manual says, eg new plugs, remove & lube all cables, clean air filter, etc. Whether they are actually doing all this i'm not sure, they claim its 3hr labor & 3-4 days in the shop. Here in Illinois I'm being charged $260 by my dealer, which I think is a rip off. But with 3 little kids & extremely busy work schedule I decided to give in. Most all things you should be able to do yourself- if you have the time and the mechanical aptitude I'd say do it yourself. Beautiful bike by the way.... Enjoy!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts