Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike of some hack so I have to basically clean up his work (the price was still great though ;) ). He left the transparent yellow breather tubes unhooked. One end attaches to the carbs and the other end is hanging. Can I plug these or should I attach a breather. The stock airbox was removed. There's a couple other lose things hanging around too that I'll post a pic of later.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If the hoses you speak of come from the very bottom of each carb they are drain tubes and aren't supposed to be capped or anything.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they're long yellow breather tubes and there are 2 that come off the side, I'll snap a pic to help you guys out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool.....so I should plug it up completely and not use a breather filter? Just making sure its not a necessary vent.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Its only for if you have the stock airbox in use, I'd block them up completely. (thats what I did on my ex500 when i removed the airbox)

·
Registered
25 Posts
ROFL YO thats a crank case breather Hose... that needs a filter or a oil catch can, u gonna blow seals n rings pall if u cap that! goto autozone n pick up a small filter or do anything but plug it up.. or hose clamp a piece of sock over the hose opening to keep debris from getting in they're.. but if u wheelie its gonna dump out that hose thats why i mentioned oil catch can

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, we know its a breather hose and we know its the PCV system. But which is it......capped or filtered? Not all PCV systems can be sealed but some can....does anyone know for sure about the one on a 600 ninja?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Freakinout said:
Its only for if you have the stock airbox in use, I'd block them up completely. (thats what I did on my ex500 when i removed the airbox)
Just curious, but you blocked all 3 hoses I showed or just the 2 yellow ones? What are they there for? Did you take out the hose and cap them at the source?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That tube you have resting on your finger in the First Picture Is the Overflow....I Just leave that One unplugged and pointing somwhere safe downward.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright....this is starting to make a little more sense now....but there are two of them....one in between each twin pack of carbs (in between 1 and 2....and in between 3 and 4). That sound right? ...you can kinda see where the other is in the pic.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Perfect....now all the missing pieces came together......thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Dr. Feelgood said:
Here's the other tube on the bottom

I believe that tube (from oil breather) attached to your stock air box and on my bike I attached a fram pcv valve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts