Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Rubber side Down,,,
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When I got home today, I got off the bike to trigger the card key to open the gate. When I was walking back over, I could see her starting to tip,, I wasn't fast enough, and she fell over into the iron gate and broke the headlight housing.

Needless to say, I was ****ed. Now, I need to replace the housing.

Does anybody know of a good replacement that's cheaper then the dealer ($180).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check out e-bay. You may hit it lucky and find what you want.

·
Rubber side Down,,,
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks NH,

I was on ebay earlier, they have one there that has a single bolt mount, but I'm not sure if I want to take that job on, I live in an apartment and only have a few tools, so drilling and fabrication is out. I'm still considering it though.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
****, that sucks! Was the kickstand on unsturdy ground or something?

·
Rubber side Down,,,
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
****, that sucks! Was the kickstand on unsturdy ground or something?
Yes,,, there's a slight grade, and I've always been nervous about doing this, even for the few moments that it takes.
I think that's what makes it so frustrating, you know when you think something, but go against it, figuring, "aww, it will only be for a quick moment" and then it happens.

Lesson learned!

·
Rubber side Down,,,
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carlsnet, I still have my stock head light w/PIAA bulb and was selling for $50 plus shipping. If interested let me know. Found the pics I used on craigslist.
I've sent you a private message,, let me know what you need, it's the best thing that can happen, especially given my financial situation, (I have kids, and for me it's birthday in Oct, then in Nov, then Christmas) of course it's with love, but the end of the year always results in "OUCH" for me.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
$50 sounds resonable to me. A buddy of mine paid like $100 for his but it was for a HD. So everything for them things is like 100 or more aint it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
pwmotowurx. I would like to buy it. Would you consider sending to Australia. I'll pay for the light and postage of course

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
So, is the headlight housing plastic? The one on my 900 classic is metal. What else can they make plastic on these things??? Next it's going to be a plastic engine case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Carlsnet, I still have my stock head light w/PIAA bulb and was selling for $50 plus shipping. If interested let me know. Found the pics I used on craigslist.
You wouldn't happen to still have the headlight assembly. I know it's far fetched to even ask, but what the hay.

·
Rubber side Down,,,
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, this is Carl... I think you're asking "PW", I don't have anything left from my 900.
I bought a new Vaquero last year, in fact last year on Friday. If you're interested, yes I love the new bike!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts