Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you can see on the attachment there is a hole in my transmission cover(red circle)
to remove this cover there is one screw left that i can't handle due to small space(behind the main cover where blue arrow points)

Is there any possibility to remove the cover without dissolve the engine?
help me plz

ps this is a kawasaki klx 650 '94
sorry for the dirt but i can't wash it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
It’s hard to see what you’re referring to. You might be able to pull the case and get it fixed up at a welding shop. If it is going to take any sort of stress, your best bet is to get a new part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a similar issue on the GPz550 I bought. There are 3 screws holding the chain guard to the transmission cover. The chain guards ripped out 2 of the 3 "posts" in which the screws go in resulting in 2 holes in the transmission cover. By the way, I bought it that way, unbeknowst to me though.

I went to a junkyard, and found a transmission cover for my bike, and just changed it. You could also get it to a shop that does aluminum welding and get them to weld it but I'd try the junkyard first.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
MECHANIC

Find a Kawasaki mechanic and show him our problem and ask him what to do...Finding the part is not as issue as there are salvage yards all over the country, I even know a great one, but you may just find a really nice new one for not much at Beartooth Kawasaki our Fourm sponsor give them a call at 1-800-556-3098. it's a free call... should your mechanic knock it loose for you you could get it repaired too...buff it out and then even prime and paint it see www.por15.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts