Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have n problem with my Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4 2008year. I already changed fuel pump, because ATV was loosing power. When I started ATV it works ok, bet when i ride ATV for about 15 minutes it starts to loose power. Also there was an really loud shots from exhaust. So I and mechanics though it was fuel pump problem, but when I changed fuel pump problem still stayed.

So we think that there is an problem with fuel pump pressure, maybe someone knows optimal fuel pump pressure. We can measure pressure, but we don't know the right pressure to compare it.

I'm newbie in this forum and sorry if this isn't the right place to write this thread, and also sorry for my English.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I assume you have kept the cam chain adjusted and the valves adjusted, have not dumped it and damaged the sensor that shuts down if it has been rolled, etc.

You will be bucks ahead to take it to a dealer and have the codes scanned or you will be throwing money and parts at it forever unless you just happen to hit the problem.

I doubt the fuel pump is the problem, or ever was. It may be a fuel related problem, or a sensor problem, or one of a dozen other possibilities.

If this were being brought to my shop, my first question would be when did you last test the battery to know it is fully charged, and not starting to go south? The ECM and fuel control circuitry on these are very sensitive to correct battery voltage.

If the battery starts going south it allows the system voltage to rise too high during running operation and then it fries electronics as fast as you throw new ones at the rig.

If the battery were good, then my next question would be what kind of fuel stabilizer do you use, and what is the longest old fuel was ever allowed to set in the ATV? Old fuel, fuel more than three weeks old that has not been stabilized, forms gum and that can plug the injection system, the filters in the tank, and create major problems for the sensors.

If old fuel was run or allowed to set for more than a few weeks in one that is stored or parked, then it needs a major fuel system and injection body cleaning. Not something the average home mechanic should tackle as you can ruin expensive sensors or even fry the ECM attempting anything much beyond cleaning the in-tank screens and lines to the injection unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You see problem is that the only kawasaki dealer in Latvia and official mechanics could not solve the problem or find the root of this messy problem.

Though i'll check battery if it's ok!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Check the Igniter and the coils. When either breaks down you can get the symptoms of good running while cold, then failing as it gets warm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think i had the same problem with mine to like it would run like crap but if you turn the key off while driveing and turn it back on it would run fine but then like 5min later it would do the same thing like it would just back fire and have no power i took it in the shop replace the fuel pump and it worked fine then like a couple of months later it did it again this is the 2nd one i had and they also had to replace the 4x4 thing in it to.

my bike:bruteforce750 2008

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so mine started the same way and I went ahead and replaced the fuel pump but when I putthe new pump in it wouldn't even pump the fuel so I looked at the fuel line it checked out I checked the fuel relay box and rewired those then I checked the wires under the fuse box and fixed those still nothing. Is there anything else I might try before I take her in to the shop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i broke down and took here to the shop and now its running better than ever OLD GAS thats what clogged one carb. the jets were frozen with sludge. so i was only running on one cylinder. Got about a good ziplock bag full of crap that was in the carb. just make sure to always put fuel stabalizer in your gas if your goin to park it for more than a week or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah the same thing happend to me 3 times i took it in 3 times for a new fuel pump so whoever says its not the fuel pump is wrong and the 08 is efi not carbed so it should not be that they told me it was bad gas but i fill it at the fuel pump and so does every one else i think its the fuel pumps filter it always gets to much **** in it i think im going to put a after market fuel pump in it for 300 bucks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys i have a 2010 kawasaki mule that does the same thing i replaced the pump 2 days ago did valve job throttle body clean new sensors and still loosing power after 5 minutes of riding when i pull the line off the pump it has vdery little fuel comming out so i wired the pump to the battery still same thing if anyone can help please thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 brute force 750 idles fine and starts fine but when I drive it for 20 mins I loose all power and can only go 7 In. Speed I pull the fuel line and drain it and good to go for 5 mins and it craps out again so I have changed fuel pump filter on it twice plus blew out all the lines and now I have pulled the injectors out and going to replace them. When running it at high idle I found out that only on injector was working right but if I smack the front one it would start to work right then it would stop . So I decide to order two new ones and see how it works if this works I will post and let everyone know wish me luck .

·
Registered
990 Posts
hey guys i have a 2010 kawasaki mule that does the same thing i replaced the pump 2 days ago did valve job throttle body clean new sensors and still loosing power after 5 minutes of riding when i pull the line off the pump it has vdery little fuel comming out so i wired the pump to the battery still same thing if anyone can help please thanks in advance
repeat fuel pump failures on efi mules are almost always (like 100% of the time) related to poor quality fuel which means water, dirt, etc.

There is a filter on the end of the fuel pump but it don't catch everything. That filter is a service item. From the sound of it your pump is dead again. When you replace it look at the filter. Is it black or gray? If it is, it's got junk in the tank (dirt usually) and replacing the pump will only bandaid the real problem. Clean the tank out before you put the new pump in and it's always advisable to filter the fuel before dumping it into the tank. You never know what kind of junk comes from the gas station....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.