Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well-they have arrived :roll:

last nite went for a nice little sunset ride to the beach(and it was perfect 8) )
comin home it was just past dusk and i noticed some incoming in my headlight :?
hmmmm? - about that time i'm walloped right in the forehead by a creature that surely
must be extinct (well it is now)-and it falls right in my lap :shock:
something from the moth family i suppose but with a wingspan of about 8 feet :x
(or it felt that way),very ugly critter,catapillar about 2 inches long witha big red head :x
light brown wings,prolly weighed on the order of a marble.after pulling over (i was running about 60mph) and removing its remains from my crotch area and marveling over its
size,i went home and realized that bug season is finally here and i did'nt realize how much
i miss those fellas :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

open face - but no windshield , i have always hated windshields in the past but more and more i'm becoming fond of them. we're taking alot more groups on much longer rides now that the weather is breaking and i guess i'll have to join the ranks and put on a screen :roll:
these night rides and longer interstate rides are gonna be nasty from here on out :lol:

memphis shades here i come :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
there for a while I thought you were describing my ex-wife. I thought you had takin care of her for me :lol:
Well until you get your shield try not to grin to much while riding or you may eat something you don't want too. :shock:

·
Registered
456 Posts
vaporgas2000 said:
there for a while I thought you were describing my ex-wife . . .
I hadn't thought of that, but if you see my ex, please go ahead and take one for the team.

One night in the car I saw a strange flying object in my headlights. I thought it was a bird, but it wasn't moving like a bird. Half a second later I saw that it was a luna moth. It was a big sucker, too, probably about 4 inches long, and a little wider than that in the wings. It hit square on the windshield, and made a humongous mess. Then I turned on the wipers and made it even worse.

I've hit a couple of birds in the truck and car, but I've been fortunate on the bike so far.
Curt

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been a windshield fan since my first bike 3 years ago. I rode with a full face helmet and bought the windsheild to help with the cold weather. I got that bike late in the fall. Ever since then I swear by them. Riding in the rain is no big deal. No pelting water in the face, and you almost don't even need glasses. Also, by looking at all the bugs smashed in my windshield, I can tell it is well worth the investment. So what the bike doesn't look ultra-cool.. Cool is all about being happy, right??? One ride behind a gravel truck that's spewing small rocks will make you a believer too!! 8)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Being a frequent commuter in and out of the city I'm totally for full-face helmets and windshields. After have rocks and bugs hit my helmet, I could never understand how a person could use a half helmet.

Reminds me of Jim Carrey, "Ah, the great outdoors!!" (bugs in teeth) :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
:? those little black love bugs are all over the place down here right now....cant avoid them at all...millions and millions of them :x

·
Registered
14 Posts
i had a run in with a locust the first week i was ever on the road going about 60mph and it cracked the bottom of my sheild on my helmet! It was an old helmet and a worn out sheild but i was still awestruck at the damage.

·
Registered
159 Posts
And if it hit your eye you would be in a lot more trouble. Most guys that wear half helmets ride with sunglasses bought in the drug store, not even safety lenses. Thats not smart. I dont understand why people take such risks.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
bud8fan said:
:? those little black love bugs are all over the place down here right now....cant avoid them at all...millions and millions of them :x

I'm glad they listened to me. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
last year i got smashed with something from one of those **** landscaping trucks. almost dumped the bike, it was a close one.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
SteveA said:
Junebugs are hard as a rock. I lost at least one faceshield every year to one.
Ride safely (and bug free)
i hear ya there !

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Speaking of bugs against the forehead...hey Bike isn't love bug season coming soon to a souther town near you?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Last spring I was headed out-of-town up into the Adirondack mountains when a bumblebee the size of a golf-ball managed to fly under my helmet & above my jacket to catch me square in the throat. I thought I was going to choke to death on my own collapsed windpipe. I had a welt for two weeks......

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I almost got de-iced on Saturday, was out on back hills highways on a warm sunny afternoon and obviously just minutes behind a DOT truck spraying the curves and bridges with liquid for the overnight chills.....very slippery

1 - 20 of 25 Posts