Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Personally me I went ahead and purchased the Morgan Carbtune. Had a very nice write up in Motorcycle Consumer News for being accurate.

It took me 20 minutes to get my carbs sync'd with it and highly recommend it as a tool to have in your tool box.

http://www.carbtune.com/

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Price or time to get to the states? All in all I paid about $105.00 US and what they did because the pound is stronger than the dollar is give me a free cover.

My main concern was that I did not want Mercury around in the shop therefore the Carbtune II got to the top of my list quick. It's much easier to use then dial gauges as all you have to do is look across the manometer and adjust. It also happens to be the most accurate of the tools available out there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would they mail it if it had mercury in it? My freind has one in the uk he said I could have but was worried about the shipping? Might be an explosive device or something..............I can get the local bike guy to syc the carbs for about $45 - once they are done how often do they really need to be adjusted?
Lee

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Every now and then. It's not like every week or month, but for $45.00. You do it twice and the tools pay for themselves and you get to learn about your bike more. Motion pro makes a mercury one that is reasonable $30 dollar range. As far as shipping the hazardous material - I know they can, but it must be sealed and I'm sure a few other rules apply.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Say, 1Adam12 does the carbtune work on 2cyl motors ok? Like a certain 248cc engine?

I was considering purchasing one when funds allow.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Just order the one for the cylinder and use the two of the tubes instead of 4. Read up on their site....great pics and examples and most importantly easy to use.

I use to take my bike into a mechanic and have all the service done and as I started to discover that most maintenance is doable and some with a little more experience or a friend who is experienced to guide you, Instead of paying the mechanic I started buying my own tools.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
PS it has to have a vacuum nipple and you are good to go. You can even use it on some performance cars, but most do not have a place to connect to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts