Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello first of all id like to say im new to this site and im glad to be here it looks like it could be quite helpful ok i have a 1974 750 kawasaki h2 frame with a clear title i have a few motors and plenty enough parts to build 3 or 4 of these bikes but i wanted to modify the suspension front and rear (monoshock in rear) sport bike forks in front and of course the brake system i was wondering if anyone knew what the best swingarm i could use that wouldnt require major modification to the existing frame and still be lightweight i have plennty of resources and i can pretty much get my hands on anything that would work best thanks for the help im going to need all the info i can get if you would please reply here or email me with any information or pictures of your modified bike h2 only please thanks for the help in advance email [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sooo no one has any help for a 17 year old.... im not an idiot ive got swingarms that are the correct width but i wanted to ask which would be the best for an old h2 thanks

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
sooo no one has any help for a 17 year old.... im not an idiot ive got swingarms that are the correct width but i wanted to ask which would be the best for an old h2 thanks
Your age has nothing to do with getting or not getting answers. Nobody called you an idiot. I'm guessing you're trying to do something nobody here has tried yet, causing a lack of answers. Swapping swingarms is quite a bit more involved than most people know how to take on. You'll need to know if the width and diameter of the pivot tube is the same, length between the pivot point and axle area, brackets for whatever to mount- there's a fair amount of engineering to do before making a recommendation on what swingarm will be a suitable replacement.
I would think this decision should be based on the size of tire you want to run, the length you want, and whether the new swingarm will interface with the frame you want it to work with. I'm sure there's some other factors involved, but not seeing your pile of materials I can't predict what they will be.
If you were working on something more current the answers might flow faster, but you're working on something older than most of the forum members. This question reminds me of my job, where someone comes in from the shop and asks how to do something we've never done before. Sometimes the answer is "I don't know. After you figure it out come back and let me know how you did it."
To sum it all up, I think you've embarked on a fun and challenging journey. Once you get your questions refined to more specifics answers will begin to come out, but if they don't, make it up as you go.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
For an H2, I'd suggest getting to know some of the guys on the North American 2 Stroke board. There seem to be a lot of triple fans in there.

As far as retrofitting, personally, I'd get a good frame builder to make one. That way you get exactly what you need, instead of settling for something close. You get to use whatever wheel and brakes you want. And you have something unique. Which to me is much more fun than saying you retrofitted a Honda Hawk part to it. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) hey thanks a lot ill check out all these sources ;) oh and sorry about being a little anxious :p that happens sometimes at 17 i guess at any age when your building an h2 oh soon i will post pics of my powdercoated 1974 750 kawi frame and complete motor & tranny that ill hopefully be able to send to purple haze nicasia (spelling) or fast by gast for porting and tranny high performance work im still unsure about a swingarm ive even thought about buying the high performance replacements for the original swingarmbut ill check around some more again thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
hello first of all id like to say im new to this site and im glad to be here it looks like it could be quite helpful ok i have a 1974 750 kawasaki h2 frame with a clear title i have a few motors and plenty enough parts to build 3 or 4 of these bikes but i wanted to modify the suspension front and rear (monoshock in rear) sport bike forks in front and of course the brake system i was wondering if anyone knew what the best swingarm i could use that wouldnt require major modification to the existing frame and still be lightweight i have plennty of resources and i can pretty much get my hands on anything that would work best thanks for the help im going to need all the info i can get if you would please reply here or email me with any information or pictures of your modified bike h2 only please thanks for the help in advance email [email protected]
You're talking against yourself mate. You can't monoshock an H2 without doing major modifications to the existing frame. There are a few monoshocked triples around. Most of them in the UK. Check out the UK triples board as well as the KTWW. Good luck to you. Not many youngsters in the triples scene. I consider myself one of them at 38 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill be happy to be in that triple scene :) at 17 ive decided to go with the stock swing arm with performance shocks and forks so far ive had fast by gast put my motor together port polish and whatnot ive got the frame sanded and primed (decided didnt need to send away for powder coating) and now trying to decide on a color scheme :) im thinking black all the way with a small red accent :)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I think you'll find that with a little frame bracing and good springers on there that it's a good ride. And it's a lot less work than mono-ing it. ;)

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
That's quite an ambitious plan you have. Welcome. Post up some pics of your progress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts