Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't get it. Never have.

You're destroying a tire. You're putting the drivetrain under severe load and stress. You are basically abusing a machine that most of us claim to really like and appreciate.

I don't get it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
i have tried to spin the tire and cant get it to spin. i lock up the front wheel and rev it up and let it loose. it is like my front brakes can hold me there. i am sure i can spin it today. i made the mistake of riding today.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
hey dave when the bike started to hop, did you tell him to sit down on it more. when i try to spin mine it starts hoping like that and i quit.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Jim....in my case, the tires were already shot and needed to be replaced. that's the only time I do it. As for the strain, well, my bike doesn't seem to mind making me laugh! :D

Big....it will, it just takes some practice. Many people will butt the front tire up against something, like my son did. It can easily be done with just the brake though. Just takes a little practice. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't get it. Never have.

You're destroying a tire. You're putting the drivetrain under severe load and stress. You are basically abusing a machine that most of us claim to really like and appreciate.

I don't get it.

Jim
+1. Right there with ya'...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guy is a wimp. He didn't even shift through the gears!

Big....your bike WILL do that. I did it the last time I had to put a new tire on my Vulcan and my VX. Actually, my son did the VX. Here's the video of my son on the VX:

I see what you mean by shifting gears. NOT! :eek:

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
if you just run it faster, it will get past the hopping. notice the second time he tried it that it got past it? I tried to get him to shift through the gears to get the tire spinning even faster, but he wasn't comfortable with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it the first time. you made reference to the video as being a wimp and post another. I thought you were showing how a real man does it, "shifting gears during a burnout". Does that mean your son is also a wimp?

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I got it the first time. you made reference to the video as being a wimp and post another. I thought you were showing how a real man does it, "shifting gears during a burnout". Does that mean your son is also a wimp?
Yep! I told him so. and then laughed. it was his first time and he wasn't comfortable with it. :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You can do a burnout on any bike, from a Honda 50 to a Hyabusa is just different techniques to get the tire slipping, none of which provides any useful process unless you're getting ready to shoot down the drag strip then there is a reason, otherwise all that smoke may as well be dollars in your wallet going up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts