Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OUT THE DOOR>>>

Personally, since the 2005's are about to arrive...in real life. I'd call a couple of dealers and ask them..SPECIFICALLY for OUT THE DOOR>>> taxes, set-up, delivery...Exact change out the door cost...I think that you may save a couple of dollars...but I think for a 2004 it is a good price...see if you can get them to throw in some things, perhaps in writing for your check ups and for being a loyal customer, price cuts for labor and parts. The 600 mile and other check ups where they go in and check valve claeracnes change oil and do a complete checup on the bike can be quite expensive. Gee a discount on a new helmet, a jacket, definately gloves (you need at least two or three pair)... Visit the shop on a regular basis and tell them how happy you are with your bike and it will go along way with getting discounts as well...get to know the mechanics as well if you can...they are the true hero's. The adjust, peak and tweak you bike, to get the best out of it for you. Get the dealer to agree in setting the suspension for you. Ask some of the guys on line with 500's about how to adjust it and you won't believe what's involved. The dealer will know that you know what is involved if you start asking for things like this so that when you leave the place it is adjusted for you. The brake and clutch levers should be adjusted for you setting on the bike not by someone about your size...go through the checkout list while actually on the list and instead of just saying "Check" for each button clearly understand where it is and play with it and ask questons if you need to. You'll need a tank bag or a rear seat bag and some bungies when you leave the place or at least someone to go with you...for your extra goodies.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I've only seen the adds on the web sites

Seen the adds...ask our FORUM Sponsor Beartooth Kawasaki...They are HONEST and I'd buy a bike straight up from them if had the cash in hand. IF I had the money I'd do the trip up see some country side then do the tune up and then ride it home...so what about the difference that you save...Ask them about the $5500...I think IF it is OUT THE DOOR you are getting a good deal...if it includes all the setup and taxes, everything! Let us on the FORUM KNOW!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did 5200 include taxes, title, setup and everything. 5500 IS for everything. I will call beartooth tomorrow about the price and see what they say.

Andrew9578

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CROSS COUNTRY

The bikes are sent through CA so you may find that th difference in price is because of shipping not necessarily handling, setup fees, taxes etc. Still though, I would have a chat with the mechanics...find out what their favorite pizza is and have one dilivered to the shop for some "SHOP TALK" It NEVER hurts to chat with these guys and when it comes to doing extras or "well it's close enough, you'll find them going the extra step to ensure that you are happy with your bike. When you actually pay for your bike or the day before you do get a Pizza for the guys in the back and ssk them to set up the suspension and levers and things for you while you are on it. Pizza or burgers are cheaper than just out the pocket expense to the people wearing nice clothes and never get dirty...they also don't appreciate it as much as hte guys actually doing the grunt work.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Andrew9578 said:
Hey everyone,

how does 5500, out the door sound for a new 2004 500r.

thanks

andrew
Sounds about right to me, when you consider MSRP, taxes, tags & doc fees. (documentation, NOT doctor :lol: ) I'd still try to get them to throw in a few goodies. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Andrew9578 said:
did 5200 include taxes, title, setup and everything. 5500 IS for everything. I will call beartooth tomorrow about the price and see what they say.

Andrew9578
Yep, that was the price to drive the bike out of the dealership. They were also offering discounts on service costs (first 600 miles and all).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cost 5600

I got my 04 for 5600.00 out the door, tax is 8% here, and various DMV fees, but a lot of extras!

For the 5600 I got:
1.The bike
2. 2 Year extended warranty
3. Taxes, tags, dmv processing.
3. HJC retro jacket (was marked at 300 something)
4. Cortec Tail/Saddle bag system (includes tail bag and two detachable saddle bags).
5. Cortec large magnetic Tank Bag.

425 miles and loving it!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: Cost 5600

ccj64 said:
I got my 04 for 5600.00 out the door, tax is 8% here, and various DMV fees, but a lot of extras!

For the 5600 I got:
1.The bike
2. 2 Year extended warranty
3. Taxes, tags, dmv processing.
3. HJC retro jacket (was marked at 300 something)
4. Cortec Tail/Saddle bag system (includes tail bag and two detachable saddle bags).
5. Cortec large magnetic Tank Bag.

425 miles and loving it!

Not bad!! Have fun out there.....be safe!!! :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts