Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im goin to buy a new bike, well its a 1996. body is straight, and it has 26k on it.... its a 6spd and has minor scratches, not much, and its a zx-6 clutch has about 4 mo's of riding on it... im buying it fro 1500 bucks and was wonering if its an ok deal... also wondering if it is fuel injected or not

·
Registered
100 Posts
The ninjas didn't go fuel injected until 2003. If it was broken in right, maintained right, and runs well now, then that's a pretty good deal. Are you buying it from the original owner? Does he have any receipts for maintanance? Have you ridden it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
How's the title, is it a salvage? If it is have a mechanic go through it to be on the safe side... and I'd recommend getting a vehicle report so you know what happened, why it was considered totalled, and if anything was done about it (like a bent frame or fork or something). If everything is in order then it sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it drives straight and its from my cousin, or else he'd want 2900ish i think... i drove it and it drives pretty smooth, shifts great and steers great, has new tires, and clutch is new.... im sure it has some hard miles, coz im sure it was drivin fast pretty often... but my cousin is the 2nd owner and had it for around a year and only drove it for like 3 mo's, he dont drive much coz he has wrist problems..... and the frame is in GREAT condition, plastics on the side have minor scratches.......... only thing i dont like is it has like 20 stickers all over it, and they make it look ugly i think

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has an after market muffler on it... i was wondering if that add's any hp? and also... im sure it has 4 carbs on it, and was wondering if they were still adjustable in 96... what kind of things would be the first step to adding power?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
....... just wondering what my idle should be at... if anyone has any ideas, thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well does it idle at? 900-1300 range should be close to it depending on the aftermarket parts. It's a very good idea to listen for even the slightest valve tick on something that has had a hard life.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it idles around 1k, give or take 100rpm... thought that might be high, guess not, thanks alot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts