Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble figuring out what these two cables do? they come off of the wiring on the clutch side and the throttle side. They just seem to plug in to the holder for each. When i take them out there is just wire in them. It would appear that when you pull the clutch or the front brake in the metal is supposed to touch the wire or whatever should be there. Could this be why my horn does not work. I removed the mud wasp that had layed eggs in there so i know its not that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi newbie,the ones on the left is to prevent you from starting the bike if the clutchlever is not pulled in.
The right side is to activate the brake lights when lever is pulled

Zoro will correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
64 Posts

Layed eggs in where?

The bike probably has a clutch switch & a brake switch.
The horn wiring is probably separate (can't say for sure, since the bike isn't mentioned).

It helps to provide bike info - year, model, etc.
Look at his profile.:mrgreen:

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Look at his profile.:mrgreen:
We don't need no stinkin profiles!!! :lol: I for one, don't take the time to check profiles to see if they happen to put some info in there. That's why the sticky is up top that says "Bike Problems? Read this first please" :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was at work when i sent that and i tried to go back but where i work you cant have internet. sometimes the filter will let you in. 79 kz1000 st

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Layed eggs in where?

The bike probably has a clutch switch & a brake switch.
The horn wiring is probably separate (can't say for sure, since the bike isn't mentioned).

It helps to provide bike info - year, model, etc.
Layed eggs in the horn turn signal housing. Bike had sat for 15 yrs so they were everywhere. Cleaned it out and checked the wiring but no problems. Everything else works though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try spraying electrical contact cleaner inside the switch housing to clean the contact surfaces in the switches.
Yhx for the tip. Yes im a newbie so thx for the patience. Just got from a little tool around town. Little cold its only 43 today. Been waiting since last year to get this on the open road. Love it so far.:-D

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Go to the local Radio Shack and buy a can of "De-oxit" electrical contact cleaner/preservative. Their website is caig.com - Home of DeoxIT - CAIG Laboratories, Inc. I have used this for many years on my 82 GPz1100 B2 on the many and various electrical conectors.

It does a great job knocking the green crud of corrosion off switch contacts, just spray them and operate the switch for a few times.

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
That feller Mr,Folks there is a retired Starfighter weapons electrical wizard! He was wiring ordanance systems when Luke Skywalker was a gleem in his daddy's eye! :wink: That de-oxit must be good stuff! PS. thats a shafty just like yours in my avatar, theres more pics of it in the photo gallery under "Zoro's Stallion"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts