Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ALL the parts, including a box of 160 marbles to do the CaddmanQ dual air intake mod this coming week. I also have an appointment with Jett Tuning in Camarillo on Thursday morning for the custom map of my PCIII.

I'm nervous about doing the mod myself, but at the same time am looking forward to doing it. For anyone/everyone who's done mod's that are outside of their normal "box", I'm sure you'll understand what that means.

Oh, the 160-pc marble set... it's the ONLY marbles I could find in a 5-mile radius of where I live ($7, and I'll only use 1 marble!). So, if anyone else needs a marble (or two)... I have extras!!!

Wish me luck,
DS:mrgreen:

1/1/08: Mod done! See it here: DS06Nomad - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wish I had known you were doing the mod, I have 98 marbles left in my bag...LOL As for the mod, just printout the instructions and follow them. It is very easy to do. Probably the hardest thing to do is to cut out the piece of metal for the blockoff plate. Good luck and ask the forum if you run in to any problems.

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
Luck!! BTW, I used a red wirenut instead of a marble. I have more than a few laying around. I lost my marbles long ago...

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
No worries mate! Piece of cake! I don't claim to be a mechanic either, but I do know enough to get into big trouble! :shock: The Caddman really is a very simple mod. If you haven't already, check out this thread in Projects, it'll guide ya right thru!
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/f...ors-caddman-air-mod-tutorial-56k-warning.html

If ya run into a bump, just ask, somebody here will gladly get you over it! It's one of the great things about this place!! :biggrin: 8)

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dual air mod DONE!!!

Well, I finally did it! I did the CaddmannQ Dual Air Intake mod. I followed the pictorial/tutorial instructions by Constrictor and it was a piece of cake! I went PAINFULLY slow, and even then it only took me ~ 1hour. Pix of the mod on my scoot are here:
DS06Nomad - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday morning Gollum goes in for a custom map... :biggrin:

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year...

Ride safely,
Daryl8)

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the only Nomad rider with baggers and caddman who would love to get a look at that custom map file when its done. I'm just using the map from Thunder seems to run pretty strong on my bike, but getting a custom map for me would be just a pain (closest tuner 100+ miles away :frown: )

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only Nomad rider with baggers and caddman who would love to get a look at that custom map file when its done. I'm just using the map from Thunder seems to run pretty strong on my bike, but getting a custom map for me would be just a pain (closest tuner 100+ miles away :frown: )
Plato,
100+ miles is a PERFECT distance! You can get the feel of the bike "before" and really feel it on the 100-mile "after" return ride home. Sounds like a good day of riding to me!

But, yes, I'll be happy to share the results of the custom map after Thursday morning. Stay tuned...

Aristotle (uh, I mean Socrates, no I mean... Daryl)
:biggrin:

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
You'll have to give us some ride reports to let us know what you think of the difference. Should be interesting after the custom map.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You'll have to give us some ride reports to let us know what you think of the difference. Should be interesting after the custom map.
Will do, BassAddict. I'm curious/anxious to see the results myself. See what my money bought!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.