Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes California is the worst state to live in.
Other times, it's the best.

I just spent almost 5 hours going to the store to get a box of gingerbread mix and some gift bags, and the time wasn't because of traffic.

Oh ya... and I was wearing a t-shirt. :tongue:

·
Registered
235 Posts
What, no lane-splitting at checkout counters?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What, no lane-splitting at checkout counters?
Didn't need to.

Used the self-service cashier machines and didn't wait longer an 5 minutes at any of the several places I stopped.

Started at CVS for some toothbrushes, then Lowes for some sandpaper and fiberglass resin hardener, then Dollar Tree for the gift bags, then 4 different markets to find the cake mix.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I know what you mean, Rich. I was heading to OSH this morning for some hardware for a shelf I'm hanging in my garage. Found myself on the coast in Ventura and got home 2 hours later (without the hardware!). You gotta LOVE this weather. Merry Christmas!!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean, Rich. I was heading to OSH this morning for some hardware for a shelf I'm hanging in my garage. Found myself on the coast in Ventura and got home 2 hours later (without the hardware!). You gotta LOVE this weather. Merry Christmas!!
Yup... the stop at Lowes was for sandpaper for my fairing.

The fairing still sits on the dining room table, and there's no fresh glass dust on the patio (or embedded in my arms).

Merry Christmas to all, including our snowbound buddies!

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
i hate .... you both.

im going to go and figure out how to get this green off of my skin now... maybe tomato juice?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yea, you guys SUCK!!

Merry Christmas

scumbag

whimper

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Didn't need to.

Used the self-service cashier machines and didn't wait longer an 5 minutes at any of the several places I stopped.

Started at CVS for some toothbrushes, then Lowes for some sandpaper and fiberglass resin hardener, then Dollar Tree for the gift bags, then 4 different markets to find the cake mix.
Sure hope that resin hardener isn't for the cake, if it is the tooth brush won't help much :biggrin:

·
Registered
966 Posts
hmmm If My bike was torn apart for a coupe little mods i am doing I would of been out riding today.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Sometimes California is the worst state to live in.
Other times, it's the best.

I just spent almost 5 hours going to the store to get a box of gingerbread mix and some gift bags, and the time wasn't because of traffic.

Oh ya... and I was wearing a t-shirt. :tongue:
Hey Rich, I'm all the way on the other coast, and the weather was great here for riding today too. Not t-shirt weather, but great just the same.

D

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly?
I consider anything above 40 and dry to be great riding weather.

I'd rather have a little chill on the fingers than sweat dripping from my helmet.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh ya... 45-48 is nice with chaps.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Everytime I plan on a repair on my bike during the "winter".........the weather turns nice and I go riding. Yeah, living in CA sure sux..........

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Everytime I plan on a repair on my bike during the "winter".........the weather turns nice and I go riding. Yeah, living in CA sure sux..........
Isn't that why we bought Vulcans? Never have to fix them... at least nothing that takes more than an evening! :smile:

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
I can't let the west coast riders take all the heat (pun intended). :cool:

Yesterday was a two ride day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The temps ranged from 67 to around 73. Spent about 3 hours on the bikes.

Early today we went for another ride just exploring some new roads. The temps were in the upper 60s again. Probably had another hour on the bikes.

We'll be paying for these privileges come summer though when it's 95 degrees and very muggy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts