Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a mean streak and i dont really like the speedo and the tac where it is.
i have searched and cant find the answer im looking for. What im wanting to know is if the speedometer and electronics (dash) from a vulcan 1600 would fit? I was wondering if anyone has done this? Does the cables plug right in together or am i just stuck with it?

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
I hated the tank mounted speedo on my 900...having to look down to see the speedo...annoying.

But, it should work...you might look up the parts diagrams for both to be sure.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
My new bike

I hated the tank mounted speedo on my 900...having to look down to see the speedo...annoying.

But, it should work...you might look up the parts diagrams for both to be sure.
My new bike has them in the fairing

·
Registered
336 Posts
umeanme, I know exactly what you mean, I posted the same question last year, I too was looking at a tank mount speedo. I dont care about a tach as I KNOW when to shift by the sound. I did a little research, thought at one point I could swap a V2K tank mount speedo on as I saw in an online manual that they had the same tank part number. A buddy has a V2K, took a look they don't look compatible (unless they have different tanks for different models).

I also saw either on here or another meanstreak forum someone had moved it beside the choke (a little to far down to look for me).

Personally I don't want to change the tank as it's part of the look I like (makes the lines of the bike flow really well). I'm not finished my research yet, I was going to go to my favorite custom shop and talk to them to see what they would suggest. If you hear or see of something let me know, I'll keep you posted if I find something as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you , i was just researching the 2k myself thats the only thing i found . looks like ill be going aftermarket. i would really dont mind having the speedo or the tach. i just perfer having the warning lights. im wondering if there is a way of just having a little 4 led light bar and wiring into it just for the warning lights.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
You'll have to do a little digging around, but there are a few options out there. You have clamp on digital options that go around the bars ($200-400 or so). There are also handlebars you can buy that have the speedo incorporated right in to the bar itself. I've looked in to the options before, but don't really like how empty the front of the bike looks without them.

Then again, you can tell by my bike that I prefer a more front heavy/rear lean look. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'll have to do a little digging around, but there are a few options out there. You have clamp on digital options that go around the bars ($200-400 or so). There are also handlebars you can buy that have the speedo incorporated right in to the bar itself. I've looked in to the options before, but don't really like how empty the front of the bike looks without them.
see thats what i like about it. i have taken everything off of it turnsignals and speedo and i like it . where are these bar that u r refering to? that might just be what im looking for.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
see thats what i like about it. i have taken everything off of it turnsignals and speedo and i like it . where are these bar that u r refering to? that might just be what im looking for.
I'm trying to find some and am not having any luck. But I swear I've seen one. Might have been on the other forum I'm on that's Meanie specific.

Kawasaki Mean Streak - RiderForums.com Community

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
I think you're crazy too! That's one of the things that appealed to me on my meanstreak, I love gauges above the bars. I think your best option is the one posted, a Dakota digital. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts