Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
CAM 2 is a leaded HIGH OCTANE GAS (110+) and in your case it will do nothing for you other than smell good coming out of the exhuast.
it is meant for HIGH COMPRESSION motors.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering b/c when I was riding with some people they all used cam 2 while I used premium. They had a cbr900rr, gsxr 1000, yzf R1 and a hayabusa that all had engine work.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CAM2

Yeah, get a used up Ninja 500R and just build the heck out of it get it ballanced and crank up the compression, have a full racing camshaft installed, titanium valves and springs...then put on a spraypainted fairing...and Zoom!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Its also not street legal. 110+ octane polutes too much for the emition standards. You can only use it on the track.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i run cam 2 in my nova that I drag but I do love the smell of it. I thought running it in my bike would damage something. So it is ok to run if you want the smell.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
it fine to run the stuff in anything ya want. never heard of it being illegal even with emissions requirments. the only thing i can think of they wouldnt like is the lead in it. :roll:

oh, by the way send me some pics/info of that NOVA if ya would. [email protected]

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ILLEGAL

Aircraft Gas 100LL (100 Octane Low Lead) is only illegal because no highway (road) taxes are paid on it. I run it in my weedeater, chainsaws, even the tired 12 year old mower...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use CAM2 on my track car with no cats. I've seen people i instruct go thru a set of cats in one 1/2 hr session. As far as cars go.if you have cats..no CAM2. My humble 2 pennies.
Suresh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts