Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2000 Kawasaki Bayou 220, and im trying to find out how to adjust the camber on the front tires. The bottom tires are to much in and the top of the tires are out to much, any help???????
its the 2wheel drive style

·
Registered
30 Posts
thats how they come from the dealer. i ''fixed'' mine by logging flyer miles. now it sits flat and handles much better

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
It is like that, because of the goofy design of the front suspension. They use single a-arm suspension, and the only way you can fix it, is fabricate a dual a-arm setup for it(Which would be a waste of time and $$).

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You can take some to most of the camber out by lowering the front shock coil adjuster. Put about the same amount of weight on the machine as you weigh, then adjust the coil stop until the tires look about as straight as you can get them.

After some time you will need to ratchet the adjuster up a notch as the springs settle.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
My kid's does, right from the factory! It is a 2000 and has a small fluted assembly at the bottom of the spring on each shock body. Use the hooked shock tool and twist it to increase or decrease spring pressure and change total length, a bit crude but it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts