Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a new(only 180 miles) 2007 Kawasaki 250r ninja about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if i could beat an eclipse. It's a 2003, about 215 HP, and V6. Anyone know if i could beat it in a 0-60mph race? Can anyone compare what they could beat or at least give me an idea?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
You can beat him to an early grave....I can guarantee that. Drag racing on the street is foolish, doing against some idiot in a 5000 pound death machine is even more so.

Get on your bike, and go find some nice twisty underused roads out in the rural areas or mountains somewhere and spend the day riding around getting lost. That is what motorcycles were made for.

cheerio.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
in 1984, the corvette was redesigned as the C4 (4th gen) and the little ole LTD 454 kawasaki could beat it in a drag race

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
You can beat him to an early grave....I can guarantee that. Drag racing on the street is foolish, doing against some idiot in a 5000 pound death machine is even more so.

Get on your bike, and go find some nice twisty underused roads out in the rural areas or mountains somewhere and spend the day riding around getting lost. That is what motorcycles were made for.

cheerio.
Gotta agree. Drag strips are abundant around the country, and a test n tune night is cheap...if you wanna race...go there.

As for whether or not your 250 will beat the Eclipse...it'd be too close. Eclipse will run a low 15 second quarter...the 250's quarter mile time varies considerably depending on your weight, condition of the bike, and especially riding skill...but its generally in the same range (with a good, lightweight rider).

Take it to the strip if you wanna race.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've raced a few of my friends on sanctioned lots (half mile stretches, blocked off, ems, and cops on site) my 250 actually kept up with acuras, eclipses, a bmw328ci, but i fell back against the m3 and 330 sport. austin has a nice little get-together fun-race kinda thing. only 20 bucks for the night on friday nights! hahah, its even put together by wilco pd.

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts

cheerio.
+1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Less than 2 months ago I traded my 2007 Ninja 250 for a 2008 Ninja 650. The 250 was a great bike, but it was slow, especially for the first 8 or 10 seconds. I once had a Ford diesel 250 run off and leave me from a red light. My guess is that the Eclipse would win. Not my much, but I do believe it would be faster. Now, if I could only find that Ford 250 now!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The 250 is a slow bike. I doubt you'd beat him. Don't get me wrong, I miss my 250 and the gas mileage it got but it's no race bike.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
hey now steve...ur the guy with the 600RR scooting between the lorries

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
:lol:

i don't scoot between lorries... it's scary enough riding beside one, let alone going between 2 :shock:

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
well then youre not doing it right LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts