Freakinout said:Those differences are almost nothing. The rider is 80% of the ability, the bike is the other 20%.
The biggest difference in any of the new sportbikes is the rider If you look at the stats they are so close. The fastest motorcycle is the one that the person can ride to its fullest capability. Look at Rossi - switches from the Honda (huge loss for Honda) to Yamaha and still wins a championship. I bet you could put Rossi on almost any bike and still win!michaelvZX6RR said:Horsepower by itself means nothing anyway. What are the weight differences? How much torque? What is the gearing ratio?
You can be on a 125hp bike that is easily slower than a 104hp bike given the factors above. But yes, a 600cc with 125hp would be modified. There are no stock bikes out there that combine those numbers.