Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is kinda embarrassing to post but I need some advice. I dropped my bike in my driveway and it ended up breaking my tibia, fibula amd my ankle. I have been out of work for 8 weeks now. Just wondering if anyone knows if I can file a claim on my insurance? I have full coverage. I just dont know if there is anything I can do if it is my fault?

·
Sick Puppy
3,216 Posts
If you have comprehensive coverage, it should be covered. Just be aware that you would need to pay your deductible and a notation would be on your policy that you filed a claim. Your rates may go up. Usually it's cheaper to pay out of pocket especially if you shop around for parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this is kinda embarrassing to post but I need some advice. I dropped my bike in my driveway and it ended up breaking my tibia, fibula amd my ankle. I have been out of work for 8 weeks now. Just wondering if anyone knows if I can file a claim on my insurance? I have full coverage. I just dont know if there is anything I can do if it is my fault?
If you have comprehensive coverage, it should be covered. Just be aware that you would need to pay your deductible and a notation would be on your policy that you filed a claim. Your rates may go up. Usually it's cheaper to pay out of pocket especially if you shop around for parts.
I wa
Will it cover my injuries?? I have been out of work for 8 weeks and I have now depleted my savings.

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
I think it is unlikely this would be covered. Accidents need to be reported to your insurance immediately. Waiting 8 weeks to file a claim will likely end up in a rejection but why not call your agent and ask? Insurance law varies from state to state and and we don't even know what country you are from. So give your agent a call, and if you can, post back here so others can benefit from this knowledge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It depends on many factors. Suppose the accident was reported and was registered by the police. In that case, it is more than possible to get your insurance company to cover all the expenses, starting with the bike repairs and finishing with treatment expenses. Still, It depends on the insurance company. My brother had a similar accident, and as far as I remember, guys from Money Expert covered everything. If you are interested in this subject, you can get in touch with someone from the support service; I am sure they will find a way to help you.

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
I actually had the chance to speak with an insurance lawyer, and he thinks they may cover it. It is worth a call to your agent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts