Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i pass hours trying to find the supplies i need in English cause i know them in Spanish.. may be you can help me a bit.

How do you call:

1.- you know the sprocket is in the rear weel, the chain goes in it.. and the other little sprocket" on the other side??? where the chain is attached also?

2.- on the engine, the cilinders, it has like a cylinder inside the cilinder, the one you rectify when the piston is changed, (+25 +50 etc) .. how do you call this tube?

3. you know the rod.. well the thing that goes n the base of the rod? forming an "O" does it have a name in English also i suppose.

4. Ok the front weel has the FOrks the Rear weel has the???

5. ok the full exahust sistem is attached to the engine BY? there are 4 each for each tube.

6.- on the panel.. the speed is speedometer, the rpm is Tachometer??

7.- what the H is a HUB?!?!?

O thank you all.. im feeling like in a money show..

but i will appreciate all this translations so i can find the parts next time easier.. not wasting my time looking for the images charts.

pd: hope this post will help other ppl fomr outside of US.

THHHHANKS!

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
1. Front sprocket
2. Sleeve
3. Rod cap or rod bearing, Not sure if you want the bottom of the rod or not but thats the cap.
4. Shocks or Swingarm, Again I'm not sure which one you want.
5. Exhaust pipe holder Thats kawasaki.com's name for it
6. You are correct.
7. I don't understand that one sorry.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Front sprocket
2. Sleeve
3. Rod cap or rod bearing, Not sure if you want the bottom of the rod or not but thats the cap.
4. Shocks or Swingarm, Again I'm not sure which one you want.
5. Exhaust pipe holder Thats kawasaki.com's name for it
6. You are correct.
7. I don't understand that one sorry.

O thanks a LOOt stargate..
the 4 was the swing arm cause are not the shocls im aware of it.

the 5 im not sure if its the things i talk about

the seven i dont know thateither i just read every were the Hub this the Hub that.

but thatnks a lot this helped me a lot.

regards

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
The mufflers are joined to the engine by the header or headpipe.
The headpipe is attached to the exhaust ports with a flange, that slips over the exhaust studs and is retained by nuts.

A Hub is the center of any type of wheel assembly, normally one that rotates.

On #4, the rear wheel has BOTH shocks (normally coil-over) and a swingarm. Bikes with a monoshock will also have a linkage connecting the swingarm to the shock.
These are all parts of the rear suspension, just as the forks
actually CONTAIN the shocks and springs for the front suspension.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Yea I'm with you Rich, I've always called it the flange but that comes from my auto mechanic days so I checked the nomenclature on Kawa.com and they just called it a holder. :lol: I misread the part about the hub thinking he was looking for what the H stood for in HUB like some acronym. :oops:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guyz.

are youe sure about the "front sproket" thing? cause im looking trought bikebandit or kawasaki.com and i just cant find it anywhere..

you know im talking abpout that little sproket that goes on the other extreme of the rear weel attachd by the cahi.. the one that actually moves the bike!

have any idea where cani find it.. what should i look for?

·
Registered
52 Posts
OK i pass hours trying to find the supplies i need in English cause i know them in Spanish.. may be you can help me a bit.

How do you call:

1.- you know the sprocket is in the rear weel, the chain goes in it.. and the other little sprocket" on the other side??? where the chain is attached also?

2.- on the engine, the cilinders, it has like a cylinder inside the cilinder, the one you rectify when the piston is changed, (+25 +50 etc) .. how do you call this tube?

3. you know the rod.. well the thing that goes n the base of the rod? forming an "O" does it have a name in English also i suppose.

4. Ok the front weel has the FOrks the Rear weel has the???

5. ok the full exahust sistem is attached to the engine BY? there are 4 each for each tube.

6.- on the panel.. the speed is speedometer, the rpm is Tachometer??

7.- what the H is a HUB?!?!?

O thank you all.. im feeling like in a money show..

but i will appreciate all this translations so i can find the parts next time easier.. not wasting my time looking for the images charts.

pd: hope this post will help other ppl fomr outside of US.

THHHHANKS!
Cool! Here goes! No offense intended, even if I sound like it. I want to help.

1 - The chain goes ON the FRONT SPROCKET and the REAR SPROCKET. A shaft drive system usually has a FRONT GEAR DRIVE and a REAR GEAR DRIVE.

You may also hear FRONT BEVEL DRIVE and REAR BEVEL DRIVE.

2 - Each piston goes in a CYLINDER. All of the cylinders are in the CYLINDER BLOCK or BLOCK.

3 - The "bottom" of the rod is the BIG END of the rod. The little (piston) end is the LITTLE END. There are sometimes LITTLE END BEARINGS and there are usually BIG END BEARINGS. The WRIST PIN goes in the little end and in the piston. British for wrist pin is GUDGEON PIN.

4 - The rear wheel is mounted in the SWING ARM (SWINGING ARM in British).

5 - HEAD PIPES or HEADERS run from the cylinder head to the COLLECTOR that then flows into the MUFFLERS (SILENCERS in most of Europe).

5 - Correct!

6 - A HUB is the center of a rotating thing like a wheel. It can also be the central connection for a computer network or telephone system.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
2 - Each piston goes in a CYLINDER. All of the cylinders are in the CYLINDER BLOCK or BLOCK.
And there is the iron sleeve between block and piston.

5 - HEAD PIPES or HEADERS run from the cylinder head to the COLLECTOR that then flows into the MUFFLERS (SILENCERS in most of Europe).
Collector? Hippie! Us North Americans don't need to save the environment yet! ;)

Although I'm still not getting what he means by #1 if it isn't the front sprocket.

You say you know the name in spanish, what is it? My girlfriend is fluent. Did I spell that right?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I'm not sure either Jimmy, but he keeps saying attached to the back wheel on the other side and the only thing I can think of is the rotor but he says to make it go. Maybe he's talking about the other side of the sprocket not the other side of the wheel like maybe it's the cush drive or damper which ever you choose to call it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Thats kind of what I was thinking too except for the "on the other extreme of the rear weel attachd by the cahi.. the one that actually moves the bike!" part.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IT IS FRONT SPROCKET THANKS GUYZ I WAS JUST QUESTIONing it because we use a total diferent name for rear sprocket and front sprocket but seems in English its the same name.. thanks.

and abpud the cilinders yes it was the Sleeve i would never get tht by myself tks guyz.. might bother you in this threat agin if.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts