Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
why would you want to do that on a 500r? and of course you can if you got the skills

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
personally I don't want to just asking for an answer because I was thinking no since it only has a single disc up front where as other bikes have dual.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im no expert at this, but IMO i think you can because i can do it on my bicycle..not successfully but i can still do it. If you use your front and only front brakes and you move 100% of your weight to your front tires you will be able to do you stoppie.

·
Registered
605 Posts
dohnjoe, any other questions that you just want to know the answer to, because I may be wrong but you asked that for wheelies too. If you want to know a serious answer, stand tall and ask, "If I wanted to do a faceplant and have my bike roll over me...could I do it" the answer of course is yes, I can do it on my bmx and the brakes are crap :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
reason i ask is my younger brother is wanting to get into riding but wants to also stunt and wants a bike that will not limit him. I been trying to push smaller bikes on him but he is asking question like can they still do wheelies ect.. I myself do not care for stuntn. Just asking the questions is all.

·
Registered
605 Posts
well then, be his older brother and tell him not to stunt...you just said yourself he wants to get into riding...so wtf, he's a newb to riding, tell him to do a stoppie on his bike first

·
Registered
105 Posts
don't freakin start stuntn cuz he prob doesn't know much about bikes and prob watched some kind of movie that included a lot of tight ass stuntin, but what some of these movies doesn't show is the injuries pain grusomeness of all the other crap that goes on on the other side. And stuntin ain't that good and life fulment carrer.. you might DIE, in your case you bro might DIE that really freakin sucks for you whole family. All the money that you put into stuntin will be enourmously increased than riding regular... lots more falls injuries and embarrasement... you gotta tell him to stop thinking about stunting make next to nothing money wise.

heres a clip from my other post that shows falls from stunting
http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/...ree-racing-videos/motorcycle-crash-video.html
one of the parts even shows some skin too

he your bro still decides to stunt tell him to alwaysssss alwayssss were quality brand gear

be safe out there

JaMEs

·
Registered
605 Posts
I guarantee you that 50 years of riding is forever better than a 15 second wheelie that ends your life or that of a loved one.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Although I really dislike stunters I will answer your question.

With the proper tire you can pop a stoppie. I have actually gotten a couple on mine. (all accidental) but I'd prefer not tear my bike up horribly.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
There are a few things you need to thing about before attempting this. Your skill, the bikes level of performance, and your surroundings.

Your skill: If you're going to stunt I would recomend training. You can take classes that will teach you this. Keep in mind you need to be a good rider to get into these already. As far as some pointers to keep you from killing yourself... to do a stopie DO NOT slam on the front break. You'll lock the wheel and unless you are quick to let go you'll crash. Squeeze the tank as hard as you can and lock your arms in place (if that front wheel angles on you bye bye. To get it up the best thing to do is to bounce the back shock down with your weight and then apply the break. Do it quickly but not too hard. You should never grab the break. Don't try to do a stoppie up to a given point (ie: a stop sign/light or a group of people) Its the best way to mess up. There is a lot more involved in this but just keep in mine all the things you'll have to do at once.

Your bikes performance: Your breaks and front tire are going to come into play. Mostly the tire. If the tire is wore down it will probably just end up locking up.

Your surroundings: Doing things like this on public roads is not a good idea, its illeagle, endangers other people, and puts you more at risk. Make sure the surface your stunting on has plenty of grip for your tires to bite into.

To sum this all up, the most important thing to consider is your skill. Don't dive into riding blindly. Like I said in another post... Get to know your bike first. Riding a bike is like meeting a girl. If you go to bed the first night don't expect it to be a long lasting relastionship.

·
Need to fix bike
405 Posts
I do them on my bycicle all the time, and have had teh bike go over the top enough times to not try them on a motorcycle.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I let a friend try to do a stoppie on my 500R in an empty parking lot. He does stunting on his own bike and is very good at it. He buys cheap bikes, then sets them up to do stunts. I bet him he couldn't do a stoppie on my 500R ( i know I was stupid to let him try, but he offered to pay for any damages that may happen). I was right, he wasn't able to at his normal "stoppie" speeds. Let's just say with stock suspension on the front, the nose dives too far to get the back up. Maybe with suspension upgrades to the front with progressive suspension, it'd be easier.

I've done it once on accident during an emegency stop when some jacka$$ pulled out in front of me when I was going 40mph. I gave to much front brake and my momentum carried the rear of the bike up.

Myself, I don't approve of stunting unless your offroading and maybe your trying out for the X-Games. The street is no place for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts