Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man,

I'm just trying to get some spark plugs for my Ninja 250 and nobody has them in stock.

Where do you guys get yours - I may need to order on-line and wait, but I would rather walk in and pick them up.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
If they are that scarce, you might want to consider picking up an extra set when you get your first.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called NGK and heres the deal. The plug that OEM for the Ninja 250 is C8HA, but what everyone has is the C8HSA. The difference is that the C8HA has a nickel core and the C8HSA has a copper core. The dimensions and everything else about them are the same. The copper core will actually dissipate heat better so I took them instead of waiting.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PLUGS

You may also, depending upon your riding envirinment, swap to a different plug. IF you are primarily on the Highway versus primarily in the city traffic then you can get by changing your heat range on your plug. Everyone gets that glazed look on their face when you suggest it...but the manufacturer is setting up the bike for "Average" riding...just like the forum issue about average size/weight/height/road conditions...in the past that we discussed. What is Average? Are you Average, or just who is? I'm using a vintage bike to ride 9 miles round trip into town for coffee and errands. So I use a hotter plug. If I could afford a decent bike (Kawasaki Ninja anything at this point) for riding into the city, 80 miles round trip, then it would all be Interstate (especially around and not through the Downtown Kansas City Area), then perhaps the standard plug would be fine. NOW IF I was going to make the trip from MT to Kansas and I had intentions of eating up some serious superslab in a hurry then a colder plug would be installed (and my Radar Detector as well). Knowing things about your bike is really important but knowing about things like plugs and lights/LED's, 6V horns(louder), and things are also important if you have the time to actually go through and understand how thngs work. Some of the "Average" motorcyclists don't have a clue...
It's nice that you explained about the difference between the plugs and that the threadlength and such was exactly the same..this is important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts