Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to bike riding and I rode my new Vulcan 1600 this morning for the first time. Took it very easy and never left my subdivision or got over 40 mph. Made lots of starts from stop and practiced leaning into corners. I want to gradually work my way up to speed so I don't get into trouble.
I only rode about 10 miles (all in the subdivision) when I had to travel somewhere with my wife. During my 10 mile run, I killed the motor once and had trouble getting it back into neutral. After much fiddling, I finally got it into neutral. I shut off the motor two other times during my ride and was able to get neutral both times.

However, when I arrived home this afternoon and wanted to ride some more, I cannot get neutral. I have played around with it for about 45 minutes and finally gave up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
837 Posts
some times i have to let the clutch out just enough to rock the bike before mine will go into neutral finder.other times its ok.if im in 1st gear,it will go right into neutral but if im in 2nd or 3rd,i have to do the rocking thing to shift down to get neutral...see if this helps..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You diagnosed the problem correctly. I was in second when I thought I was in first. A little finagling, got in into first and then it went right into neutral.

It was somewhat frustrating, but, as my wife said, I wasn't meant to ride this afternoon.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts