Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I try to post a .jpg file, regardless of size, I drop/drag to box and it just goes poof after a second or two. Is this something I am doing wrong. Last one I tried was about 200K so a small .jpg file.

·
Registered
335 Posts
First thing is your Adobe Flash up to Date?????? If you're having trouble uploading or posting photos, try these troubleshooting tips:
Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash. Most of the time, this will fix any issues with adding photos to Facebook. To get the latest version of Adobe Flash:
Remove outdated versions of Adobe Flash that might be on your computer.
Download the latest version of Adobe Flash.
Quit all web browsers before you begin installing.
If you're using adblocking software, turn it off or make sure that Facebook is included as an exception.
Try uploading the original photo instead of an edited version. Editing photos (example: with iPhoto or Photoshop) before uploading them may cause the upload to fail.
Check the photo format. Try only uploading JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF or TIFF files. If you're uploading a PNG file, it's best to keep the file size below 1 MB. PNG files larger than 1 MB may appear pixelated.
Check the size of the photo. We recommend uploading photos under 15 MB.
Make sure you're using the latest version of your browser.
Check your Support Inbox. If you've been warned for posting abusive content, you may be temporarily blocked from uploading photos.
If you still can't upload photos, report a problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,634 Posts
Question- post a photo from where? The drag and drop box works only to ATTACH pictures from your computer. POSTING a picture from a web-based hosting site uses a different process. I know it seems like a minor difference or semantics but that's the way it works, sorry.

Plus, next time, to ATTACH a pic picture from your computer, type your text then click the 'Go Advanced' button, then do the drag and drop thing. I find it's much more consistent that way.

·
Administrator
271 Posts
I just tested the drag and drop feature which as soon as you 'drop' the image in the box below the Quick Reply editor box, it appears large for a moment before it reduces in size and looks like this:

kawasakimotodragndrop.JPG

This is just one way of uploading an image. The other way, as @rbentail mentioned, is to use the Attachments in the Go Advanced option. It requires a couple extra steps but very straightforward and you can use the downward arrow next to the paperclip icon, to see the attachments you've inserted, and select the image you want inline with your text like I did above.

Let us know if these options work for you and/or if you need further assistance. If you're still having issues, do tell us which browser/device you are using.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Firefox 57.0.2 64 bit - Win 10 Pro (up to date). Had the latest version of Adobe Flash already installed but deleted and reinstalled 28.0.0.126 which was the same version as before and can now drop/drag a .jpg file. Thanks for the help! Cheers and have a blessed and peaceful Christmas!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts