Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Carb 1500. It was running fine. carb was rebuilt last year. I ride it at leat once a week, it doesn't sit long. It has started missing and spuddering, only once in a while. No rhyme or reason. It will run strong then just start missing like it is only half power, or a bad plug or timing.. You can power through it. Some times it does it just sitting at the stop light and dies. Changed plugs, but noticed that the two right side ones are black again? It did just get a clutch change? Driving me nuts, can't find a short or nothing? has 36000 miles and wel taken care of. I have cleaned air filter and sprayed carb and used treatment and chaged plugs. It will run great and fo no reason, not because of bumps or anything, it will just start spudering and missing Some one have a good idea let me know at [email protected]

thanks

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Since you have a plug fouling in each cylinder, I would suspect the carb, not something electrical. I suspect the float is sticking. Pretty common for that to happen and relatively cheap to fix.

·
see ya Thursday
279 Posts
if the carb was cleaned last year should be ok might be the petcock screen or do you have an in line gas filter?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
See my answer, to the same thread, in the cruiser section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts