Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i learned that even a cheap carb cleaner will ruin plastic floats, and eat rubber.. i also learned that it will burn your hands , eyes and take a perminant layer of greese you have on ur hands. but probably give you cancer at the same time..

cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
And all this time I have been using Carb Cleaners to give my alcoholic beverages that extra umph. **dies of cancer**

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kerosene is a much better cleaner for that type of work....in a pinch, just use the ole standby......WD-40!!!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
G3- im not really sure what kinda carb cleaner your using that ruins this stuff, ive used it on everybike ive owned and every bike i work on EVERY day (bike mech by trade). havent ruined anything EVER. are you leaving the parts sit in it over night or what ? :???:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I dont know why everyone has so much trouble with dirty carbs. Burn a good clean grade of fuel. Add a filter. Use a fuel stabilizer for winter storage and drain it out in the spring and add fresh fuel. Replace your air cleaner element. Its a gasoline engine. What is all this fixation with fuel additives and synthetic oils. Most hightest fuels contain detergents by volume. Burn hightest. your getting 50 miles to the gallon. This is your bike, your toy. It deserves the best. I hear some people spend $8 a quart for synthetic oil but wont spend $3.00 a quart for the manufacturers recommended brand. Does that make sense?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts