Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke down my carbs completely and I pulled out the main jets. Now I got the Kawa book and the book states that 1&4 carbs are 145 and 2&3 are 150, well when I pulled these guys out they were all 150's. A friend of mine gave me a kit with numerous jets all ranging from 155-162.5. My question is if I were to place the larger size jets in woudl this cause a prb or make it run better. And when it comes to the numbering of the carbs do they read 1-2-3-4 or in some different combination? When I put the old jets back in it started up and ran, then died for 10 mins then started back up. It seems to run good now, but with this cold weather I havn't had a chance to really ride it.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
carbs from left side of bike while sitting on it 1-2-3-4
put the STOCK size jets back in unless you have put a full header on the bike or modified the air box/flow in anyway.
did you hoook the vacumn line back up to the pet**** ?
if you put biggger than stock size jets in the carbs the bike will run richer (more fuel) and may run fine in the cold weather but will prob. foul plugs in the summer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carb question

Well I dont have the stock jets, a friend gave me some jets but the range from 155.5 to 162.5. The ones that came with the bike are 150's across the all carbs. When I took the carbs off I noticed what looked lik the vaccum lines where plugged.? It ran before with np. Could you please verify what/where the vaccum line is that hooks to the petcok.

thanks

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
put the 150's back in and make sure your pilot jets are clean and your float heights are correct.
the vacumn line for the pet**** will come from the #1 carb area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts