Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a VERY noob question here. I just got done rebuilding the carb of a 2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125 and got it running (surprisingly enough given this is my first ever carb rebuild) but I have an issue where fuel is coming out of the float bowl overflow. So I did what the YouTubes told me to do, and I checked the float height to make sure it was within spec (19.4mm) so I did that and put it back together. The issue happened again, so I took it apart again, and there is some variance with the spec, +/- 2mm, so I leaned it out 1mm, and reassembled, but it is still happening.

So I am starting to think that the issue is not with the float adjustment and could be either the float needle seat (which was not replaced in the rebuild since the kit only had the float needle and not the seat) or something else related to the various tubes and their connection to the carb/fuel system.

First, can anyone give me some guidance on what else to check? The engine runs fine enough (needs tuning, but it at least runs) and I can ride it around, but it spills fuel out pretty good so I don't want to ride it with this condition of course.

Second, I am not100% sure which tubes go to which ports on the carb, the fuel input is fairly obvious and I am quite sure it is connected right since the engine runs after all, but the one on the other side I am not exactly sure what is connected over there. I checked the manual but there are no indications what is connected there sadly enough.

I appreciate any assistance this forum of smart folks can provide!

·
Administrator
3,797 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words. Can you provide pictures of your hose connections?

Your fuel leakage is mostly due to the float valve seat. Ideally these are always replaced as a matched set along with a new o-ring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A picture is worth a thousand words. Can you provide pictures of your hose connections?

Your fuel leakage is mostly due to the float valve seat. Ideally these are always replaced as a matched set along with a new o-ring.

Thanks for your response. I agree, the float-valve seat should be replaced, but so many places are out of stock, though Partzilla does seem to have inventory so I'll probably hit them up and hoe that helps.

I'll see what I can do to get a picture in the next day or so and post it here.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts