Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the full muzzy 2-1 system, with a drop in k&n filter, and a drop in k& n filter. when i full throttle in like 3rg gear or higher it sputters some and goes. i aksed this before but iv got different answers and now that people have heard it and they said i may need a stage 3 jets. anyone with similar mods know what or suggest what i should do? it seems to do it alot when i put in shell vpower which is 93 octane. should i maybe switch to 91 or so? any suggestiongs would eb a great help. it pops and rumbles like a v8 like with alot of backpressure it seems in decelleration.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
so you DONT have a jet kit in the bike ?? if not then you need to buy a jet kit (stage 1) and put it in. the bike is way lean with the filter/exhaust.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has a stage 1 jet kit but people have told me i may need to put my stage 3 in. sorry i didnt notice i said filter twice lol.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
you only need a stage 1/2 with a stock style drop in filter and exhaust. the stage 3 is for individual filters like my bike has.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so how the pods workign for u? i have been told that on a 500r it it way too slugglish at low end and i would be overal power throughout the power band.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
they work VERY VERY well for me but i also ride twice the CC's that you do lol (zrx1100) plus my bike is setup with full akro exhaust,zx-11 cams,jet kit and whoever did the tuning did a PERFECT JOB.
on your bike yes you would prob. loose a bit of low end grunt w/ pods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts