Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured the best way to explain my questions is through pictures...be a lot easier....note, I did not remove the carb and forget where everything goes...it came like this...I am just rebuilding everything, please don't hurt me :)

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
ok pic #1- that is the FUEL LINE CONNECTION- goes to the petcock
pic #2- that is a VENT CONNECTION - put a rubber line on that and let it OPEN, just hang the line between the carbs
pic #2- that is the CHOKE CABLE slider, put the end of the choke cable in it and make sure it works smoothly
pic #3 - that is a port that can be used for carb synch but in your case it may be the petcock if it is VACUMN OPERATED (im not 100% positive on the EX series bikes) if the petcock is VACUMN operated it will have one big connection for the fuel line and one small connection for the vacumn line. if you dont have a vacumn operated petcock then PLUG that port off.
:wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The last one is a vacuum line. I am pretty sure it is plugged, but will have to go outside to check. The one on the other carb should run to your petcock and provide vacuum for your gas tank. You will also use both nipples for synching the carbs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...QK were you going from top to bottom??

You all have been lots of help :)

I am still learning as I go, never worked on carbs, nor a motorcycle...it has been fun so far...can't wait to get some parts and really get into it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts