Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just faught with my carbs for an hour, got em off my parts bike, only after cutting the rubber and the throttle cable....please help me out here....i need to clean the carbs on my running bike, wanted to dink round with the parts one before doin that....is there a way to clean my carbs without removing them??? please, anything you say is appreciated....ANYTHING!!!!!!

W

·
0 Posts
I just overhauled the 4 carbs on my GPz900R. I removed the choke & throttle cables at the levers first. Lots of brute-force involved and it was considerably more difficult getting them back in place. Don't know what your working on, but most carbs are a b*****d job to do, and it's real easy to drop a bollock and foul things up worse than they were before you started. There's plenty of good info about on this site though - it helped me.

Cheers,
Wanderingoffagain

·
Registered
269 Posts
Those rubber boots get hard as plastic when they set for a long period of time. The ones on your running bike will probably not be as hard to get off but one thing you can do to make it a little easier is get a can of P B Blaster from Wal Mart, it is good at softening up rubber and is good for it, not like alot of other penetrating oil that can hurt it. Just take your time at removing them, and have a good clean well lit place to disasemble them. They are pretty simple to clean just do a good thorough job so it only has to be done once. And no, the only way to do them is by taking them off, usually the cable can be removed once you get the carbs off of the intakes, makes it easier because you can rotate the carbs to get to the linkage where the cables are attached.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts