Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a Mule 1000 that has seen some pretty rough usage, and evidently been exposed to some shade tree mechanics. I have a question re: the routing of hoses from the carb (the hoses have been removed and evidently lost in the process).

The sevice manual shows a hose leading from the vacuum piston chamber on each carb, but does not indicate where the other end attaches. Similar situation with the fuel overflow port on the bottom of the float chamber.

Anyone have any tips as to the attachment points for the free ends of these hoses?

Thanks.............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I rescued a 1000 from going to salvage. I finally got the engine started. I have four hoses going to the carb. One is the fuel intake, it looks like two are for draining the bowls and the other comes off of the cross over at the top of the carbs that isn't hooked to anything else.
I'm looking for a manual for it, does anybody know where I can get one. I got one on line for a 400 hoping it would help but didn't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jack

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
If the site sponsor does not have one for a discounted member price, try repairmanual.com

The sponsor is the best bet as Kawasaki keeps issuing repair manual supplements that never get to the after market manuals. A part of a manual that is missing the updates can be worse than no manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm curious as to how many miles are on this "rough" mule. I am test riding a mule 1000 with 3000 miles, dont know if this is high or low. I thing it was abused as well. I also have no clue as to what it may be worth. Hard to offer a selling price as it is. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Mule 1000 with over 7000 on it. But it has some problems electically.
I had it in the shop a few months ago and each cyclinder held 120 psi compression.

hayroller

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
A good running 1000 will generally sell pretty quickly for around $2,300. A beat one that requires repairs will go for over $1,700 if it runs and will move.

These are not like old Rangers where you can buy them for a few hundred, and there is a reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old Mule 1000

In answer to how many miles on an old mule. Mine has 12500 miles and still runs good. I've had the carbs rebuilt and a new drive and driven clutch installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks a bunch! I guess I stole it for $1100 then!

It's been pretty good to us so far but lately the speedometer quit working and at any speed and at any time a loud high pitched beeping will start ! Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has a buzzer that goes off at overspeed, low oil pressure and high temp. It's located under the igition switch, a round thing with 2 wires attached.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts