Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Carbtune II from Morgan and adjusted my carbs but when I attached the Carbtune it wasent pulling enough vacum to lift the pistons inside. I attached it to the vacum ports on the intake boots and verified that they were pulling vacum but just not enough to move them. I did hang the gauge upside down and used the spring tension to hold the pistons midway and there was enough vacum to pull them down further so I could see the difference and adjusted the carbs that way.. BUT shouldn't I have more vacum at that point? All my slides where going up and down when I tweaked the throttle and the bike seems to be running fine. I just thought it should work the way the manual says...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Did you place the restrictors in the right way? If so, did you place the tube with side that has the restictor on by the vacuum port?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally I did have the restrictors toward the the gauge but quickly read the instructions and corrected it. I cut the tube about 6 inches from the end and inserted 1/4 of the restrictor tube in there. When I took the bike down and ran the engine I did find one of my slides not working, bad reassembly last time, took off top and found diapham not seated correctly... Corrected that and got good movement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw I took out restrictors and got bouncing in the gauge. not alot of vacum from port it seems??

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The restrictors (dampers) are there to reduce the amount of bouncing around to make it easier to read the carbtuner. Not sure what you mean by hanging the carbtuner upside down. Your tubes should look as though they are one piece with the exception of the cut you made to input the damper. Other than that - put the side with the damper on it on the carb valve all the way and ensure that the side connected to the carbtuner is pushed in all the way and you should be good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That cabtuner was about $95 US funds right?

I'd like the spark plug thing they got too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out the door it was $101 I believe. I was thinking about the spark plug thing also because I want to make sure my pilot is adjusted correctly..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts