Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first bowl was flooding and woudn't start.replaced jet,seat and tried adjusting the float but new problem exists. starts on first or second kick great,plenty of power and all through first gear but second seems to starve for fuel.seems that the float has to be tghe trouble but just can't get the right adjustment. thanks a million for any ideas! :?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
alltemp said:
at first bowl was flooding and woudn't start.replaced jet,seat and tried adjusting the float but new problem exists. starts on first or second kick great,plenty of power and all through first gear but second seems to starve for fuel.seems that the float has to be tghe trouble but just can't get the right adjustment. thanks a million for any ideas! :?
did you ONLY replace the seat or did you replace the NEEDLE/SEAT together ?

did you adjust the floats correctly ? how did you set them ?

did you check the vent for your tank and the vent lines on the carbs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carb trouble

did replace needle and seat together. my uneducated float adjustments included bending the float arm to raise the float.My thinking was higher float=fuller bowl.I did not take into account the tank vent.As for carb vents, I dont know where that might be.I'll check any vents I can find, thanks!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
Re: carb trouble

alltemp said:
1.did replace needle and seat together.

2. my uneducated float adjustments included bending the float arm to raise the float.My thinking was higher float=fuller bowl.

3. I did not take into account the tank vent.As for carb vents, I dont know where that might be.I'll check any vents I can find, thanks!
1. thats good

2. you may have went the WRONG WAY and your now starving the motor for fuel like you think you are. GET A MANUAL and follow the steps to do this correctly

3. the vent lines will be between the carb bodys hangin down below the bike (maybe) or just coming from the carb bodies and hanging down behind the carbs. also make sure the line from the airbox is open also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts