Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on getting my 83 zx750 working at a reasonable running condition, but I have been having trouble with the flow of fuel. I dont know if the problem is with the floats or the petcock or something else in the carbs. But, when I run it the gas is going through too fast leading to gas in the oil and the gas overflows out of the other side of the carbs. I have cleaned the carbs myself and didnt notice anything that looked horrible or out of place. Also if I have gas in the tank and leave the bike off for a day all of that gas will just go through the carbs and the next day my tank will be dry. Thats what makes me think the petcock is just one of the many possible problems. If anyone can help clear up some confusion I would really appreciate it, Thanks

·
Biker Chef
1,026 Posts
I had the same issue with my Gpz. It's your petcock. The diaphram is sticking open, letting gas flow through. Mine wouldn't work with a rebuild kit, so I had to fork out $125 for a whole new assembly. Try a rebuild kit first "$15ish", and see if it works for you. While you're at it, install an inline fuel filter as well.

Also, make sure your fuel petcock is not left on P "prime" or you will get gas overflow as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.