Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically near the end of the season i noticed throttle response is lagging almost studdering. rpms wouldn't keep steady like before. almost like bogging.

i got a 04 500r with 5.6k on it. only has done 2 oil changes and regular lubes never had carbs or valves looked at yet.

i am almost thinking this is a carb issure which needs adjusting am i correct on this if not plz guid me on what to look into.

the dealer will be doing the work unlees i feel i can handle it.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
could be carbs (dirty, out of synch), could be tight valves, could be dirty/partialy fouled plugs etc. get a SERVICE MANUAL if you decide to attempt the fix yourself.
good luck

·
Registered
169 Posts
so to adjust the carbs, you just want each of them to flow the same CFM right? i have a meter that you hook up to the end of a carb, and it tells you how much cfm its pulling, when i do mine, i figure i just make em all equal.... how much does a good thick service manual cost for these things? roughly

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so all of you think this is definately a carb issue right?

i am going to bring it in and tell them to fix it and I don't plan on paying for it either.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
so how is it you dont plan on paying for it ?????? your taking it to a dealer so they are gonna expect payment for a service. you need them to do a valve check,carb synch,maybe even clean the carbs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its only 5.5k on it should the bike need checking fine but i don't think it should be messed up as it is should it?

if i gotta pay i don't mind but i am going to try and get them to do it for as little as possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts