Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canadian tire had Castrol Syntec full synthetic oil on sale this week for just over $24 for 4.4L.

I didn't see any energy conserving logo on the container so thought I would pick some up. I picked up 5w-50.

Anybody have any experience with that brand of oil and weight that would care to put their .2 in?

Slick

·
Ride it! 100% Poser
234 Posts
First, don't be fooled by marketing gimicks. SynTec is not full syn oil. It's a good oil, but you do not need 50 wt oil in an air cooled bike unless you live in a very hot climate. SynTec is a group 3 base oil with 30% syn blended in. The only "full" synthetic oils I am aware of are Amsoil, Motul, and Redline in the weight class you described. I use RotellaT synthetic in my Nad (15-40 wt) and it does just fine for 17,000 miles. It's available at WalMart for $20 ish bucks a gallon. Just a tip for saving money.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
I tried the Castrol Syntec 5w50 in my 1500 Classic. I thought it made the clutch feel "different". Not bad, no slipping or grabbing, just somehow different. Ran it for one full change cycle then I went back to 20w50 Castrol GTX and haven't looked back. I ran the Castrol synthetic blend in a Honda I had and it smoothed out the clunky shifting really well so I thought the full synthetic would be better yet. Just liked the clutch better on the Dino oil. I would not hesitate to try it if I were you. You can always try something else if you don't like it. Let us know what you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts