Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been riding with a group of friends to breakfast here in Arizona, when I came into a turn a little too leaned over, and didn't quite manage to get the bike upright and perfectly straight when I went over a cattle guard. :eek: The back tire slipped just enough for me to make a mental note, "Don't do that again!" I didn't fall or even miss a beat, thankfully, but I will be looking at those metal cattle guards with a little more respect from now on.

My friend, Christopher, who just moved to Albuquerque, wasn't so lucky. He was really laying the bike over and going way too fast in a turn, when he hit the cattle guard the back tire slipped out from under him. :frown: Of course, trying to keep the bike upright he put his left leg out and broke his ankle.

Lesson learned: Take cattle guards, as well as metal bridges, and railroad tracks, head on at as much of a 90 degree angle as possible, and know that they are slippery.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Wasn't with Chris on this ride but was the week before. This is Chris's ankle after the crash. An object lesson about cattleguards and not trying to save your ride by putting your foot down. Yes, he was wearing a boot.

Not for the weak stomach.

bkpadget/chris ankle - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jake, I still can't bring myself to look at the pictures. I heard they are not for the faint of heart.

Christopher and I used to ride with the PMRG folks out here in the Phoenix area! I had just seen him at the Albq Balloon Fiesta, at the beginning of October!

Cattle guards; who would have thought it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.