Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been riding with a group of friends to breakfast here in Arizona, when I came into a turn a little too leaned over, and didn't quite manage to get the bike upright and perfectly straight when I went over a cattle guard. :eek: The back tire slipped just enough for me to make a mental note, "Don't do that again!" I didn't fall or even miss a beat, thankfully, but I will be looking at those metal cattle guards with a little more respect from now on.

My friend, Christopher, who just moved to Albuquerque, wasn't so lucky. He was really laying the bike over and going way too fast in a turn, when he hit the cattle guard the back tire slipped out from under him. :frown: Of course, trying to keep the bike upright he put his left leg out and broke his ankle.

Lesson learned: Take cattle guards, as well as metal bridges, and railroad tracks, head on at as much of a 90 degree angle as possible, and know that they are slippery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jake, I still can't bring myself to look at the pictures. I heard they are not for the faint of heart.

Christopher and I used to ride with the PMRG folks out here in the Phoenix area! I had just seen him at the Albq Balloon Fiesta, at the beginning of October!

Cattle guards; who would have thought it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts