Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some assumptions I am currently living with:

Dyna Beads are a good way to go for balancing - especially if I go darkside

Should I be stuck on the side of the road with a flat, shooting in some fix a flat will just muck up the beads and my balancing beyond the ability to get to a MC shop for another tire.

Are those true statements?

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
i use the dyna beads in my cruiser, and never had a flat with them so dont know, i carry both slime and air inflator and plugs with co2 kit...

if the tire is mounted right, your close to being balalnced out anyway, it wount hurt for a few miles and better then riding a flat!!!

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
For what its worth. I did my own front install. Bought the dyna beads but didnt put them in and its as smooth as can be. Even with no hands. So I am going to do the same thing with the rear. If I feel something I'll put the dyna beads in.

But yes. If you slime the tire the beads are gonna be stuck in one spot. But beats pushing it.

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, better the lump going "ka goon, ka goon" than pushing.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Plug the tire and go, the dynabeads will just re-balance the tire. Drive away. If you HAVE to use slime DON"T and use a product like Ride On that cleans out with water.

If you have to limp into a shop more than likely where-ever you are will only stick a MC tire on but you'll be running again, for about 250-300 bucks but that's emergencies for you.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I've never used dynabeads on anything but getting a tire balanced will only run about 10-15 dollars and by doing this you can plug or add flat fix chemicals without glueing to the dynabeads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts