Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd always used chain lube (spray), and it always left my rear wheel a greasy mess. An hour after riding, it would be as bad as if I had never cleaned it. I decided to try chain wax this year. So I cleaned her up, rode for 50+ miles, and it's still clean. I guess the final verdict is still out since I haven't ridden for hundreds of miles yet, but so far I'm pretty satisfied. So if you have experienced a similar problem, maybe switch to some chain wax and see how that works for you.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
I've been using chain wax for the past 10,000 miles or so...chain and sprockets still look good and its not nearly as messy as the original lube I got.

Not sure how long it'll last...we shall see.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
SUPER CLEAN CHAIN LUBE - View Items
Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube is a unique premium product designed exclusively for motorcycle and ATV 'O' ring chains. It sprays on evenly and provides complete coverage of the chain, creating a waterproof barrier that prevents rust and corrosion. Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube will not fling off and repels dirt and sand.

had good luck with this so far, 9700+ mi on chain and sprockets and prob good for another 10Kmi

·
I was at D.O.D #1!
785 Posts
I bought that same bel-ray stuff last year. I have to say I am pleased, it does everything it claims...but its not cheap!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Chain Wax. Been using it for 5 years now with the Drifter. Can't recommend it enough.... Wheel and sprocket stay clean looking soooooo much longer and brake dust and dirt aren't greased into place like with regular chain lube.
Painless Black Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

2005 Drifter 800

1 - 5 of 5 Posts