Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owners manuel says to have dealership do this. Is this something I can
do myself? If so what will I have to remove besides the fairing? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On your B3 model you need to remove the left hand side lower panel.
To get the filter out you need to undo the oil feed pipe from the cylinder head down to the crankcase at the crankcase end, There is an 'O' ring which you will need to replace when you refit the pipe as any slight damage and it will leak oil.
Fit the new oil filter and tighten up to 30nm or a good half turn from when the seal contacts the mating surface.
Don't forget to smear a little oil on the new oil filters 'O' ring and threads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 95 ZX 9R. I did oil change last month. Only problem I had was taking the filter out. It doesn't have any clearance. You will need a Plier kind of ranch to get to it from the bottom to loosen it. Also note that you will need to remove few screws from the right faring too. 3 or 4 from the Right Side very bottom. Plastic under the engine is part of the left fairing. I have bought the Haynes manual and it is very handy. It cost me 23 bucks which I have already saved by doing my own oil change.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: cant remember

shift1313 said:
i cant remember but i think it was a little over 3.5qts. dealer should know when you go pick up oil and the oring. Its on the microfische
People still use those things.. this world is going backwards! I can't believe someone even still knows the name of those things! :lol:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Microfische

Yep We have one in the Gardner Histrical Museum, Inc, Gardner, KS. 66030. It still works and we still use it...soon all of its information will be changed over to DVD's...funny but the old stuff just seems to keep on hanging in there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts