Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put an aftermarker digital instrumentation panel on my custom 78 KZ650. From the right side of the motor which i believe is the ignition side there are three wires red,white and black. My question is this:Where is the red power wire supposed to be connected into the system? Currently it is connected to a switched and fused lead coming off of my ignition switch....the motorcycle runs fine this way but the new unit i put on is overloaded because the power supply is not constant and all the instrumentation flickers and is unusable. I believe it also has over heated some of the circuits.I don't believe there was any permanent damage ,but i took the fuses out just in case. If anyone has a diagram etc. I would appreciate your input. The bike was originally a KZ650-D1 SR which I found out from the engine serial number KZ650DE001447. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
410 Posts
I will look and TRY to find my repair manual for that bike. I used to have as my first bike a 1978 Kz650SR. I remember it had stator wires that broke from old age. i fixed them and everything was back to normal again. Mine had 3 disc brakes and mag wheels,kickstand and electric and a pretty cool tank. i was amazed a bike from the 70;s had all of that.

chris

I just found a old photo of my kz650sr http://tinyurl.com/2j43o5

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool that would be great...I looked for the manual today at a used bookstore but didnt have this model...I looked at the KZ1000 but didnt see anything useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts