Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used an idea from the Volusia Riders site (Volusia and C50 Suzuki's) and made a light bar for my Classic (didn't like the price of the OEM or after market ones). Total cost including the Grote lights was less than $95 and took less than 4 hours to complete (I had to take off fairing, lowers and existing lights).

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
What did you do, relocate the signals and then put the spots where the signals were? I like that look and want to get some spots for my 1600 without spending the $$ on the lightbar.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did you do, relocate the signals and then put the spots where the signals were? I like that look and want to get some spots for my 1600 without spending the $$ on the lightbar.
Yeah, I had some chrome strap left over from an old windshield and just used that to re-locate the turn signals down lower. The spots mounted where the turns were. Existing turn signal wiring was long enough for the re-locate. Simple and still looks good.

There is a gent on the Volusia Riders site (his handle is "Tate") who sells the Grote lights for $50 a pair (I paid $39 each through an International truck dealer). Didn't see his ad until it was too late so it cost me a bit more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.