Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R from sale at $2000. I thought this was a great deal, but apparently someone test drove it and burnt up the clutch, the guy says all it needs are some friction plates, If this is the case please let me know, I'd love to own a nice and nimble 600 for 2 grand.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CHEAP

IF the guy is serious and so are you then purchase the clutch and install it with the agreement that if you buy the bike you get to deduct the price of the clutch...otherwise he pays half of the cost of the new clutch...worst case scenerio you are out $40.00...best case you have an awesome ride!
Then again you could agree to pay for the clutch job at the dealership on top of the price of the bike, "IF" that is ALL that is wrong with the bike. the "IF" is because if there is something else wrong with the bike then you aren't out a dime, it dosen't cost you anything more than the bike and having the clutch installed!!!

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i hear that, I'm cautionous thou, my brother bought a bike with a clutch problem, fixed to clutch only to find that the frame was bend. He was pissed, the guy skipped town so he was SOL (S**T outta luck). Still lookin at the bike. thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
careful

i would be real careful about that. if the guy who test drove it burnt the clutch then something else is probobly shot too. maybe your tranny? if i had the cash i would buy it and write up an agreement binding him to take the bike back if the clutch wasnt the only thing wrong. If it is then he will have no problem signing it.

matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
No way - WAY too good to be true. Hey wanna buy one of my ZX10Rs for $6000? I've just got too many to ride at once. :lol:

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your kidding right? if not than YES I DO!!!!!!! if you are..

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TOO ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!???!!!!???!!!??!?!?!?!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My point was that what you posted is about as likely as what I posted. The only 10Rs I have are in my dreams...

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
until you've ridden the bike, like i have. Everytihng seemed ok, but i decided to skip this deal, go for a new one in 19 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts