Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to check it? Center stand with rear tire off the ground. Or center stand with front propped a little so it is level.

Also from my reading the gas level should be even or close to even with the bowl gasket, is that correct?

I put my bike on the center stand and tried to check the float levels. I use the a clear gas line on the drain. When I unscrewed the drain gas fill the hose but, BOTH seem a little low to me. About 3/8 to the bowl gasket line or it come just up the the bottom of the bowl screws heads, that bolt it on.

does this sound low?

Also one of my bowls has a constant drip and the spark plugs are new but looking oil fouled.

still trying to get it to run right.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I shouldn't worry too much about doing it just on centre-stand, you could lift the front a tad to emulate being stood but it'll not make a noticeable difference.

The manual will give you a measurement from the gasket-face, best check.

If your new plugs are black then you are running too rich.

Best check settings in the manual and sort the pilot-screw positions.

The drip could point to fuel-level too high and overflowing. or it could be that your float-needles aren't seated right due to dirt or wear.

All this means you might need to strip the carbs and give 'em a right good clean and set-up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts